Affiliations & Awards
Certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
- The CDFI Fund works to generate economic growth and opportunity in our nation’s most distressed communities by injecting new sources of capital into neighborhoods that lack financing.
- Carver, along with its parent and affiliates, are the only financial institutions headquartered in Southeast Georgia that are certified CDFIs and have community development to low-income communities as part of their core values.
- Certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) Award Winner
- The NMTC program works to attract private capital into low-income communities
- Carver Financial Corporation, the holding company for Carver State Bank won a $30 million allocation of New Markets Tax Credits from the U.S. Treasury in 2017 and a $50 million allocation in 2019.
- Deployment of the first $30 million has led to nearly $65 million in total investment, creating almost 400 quality jobs in manufacturing, community facilities, healthcare, and small business across Georgia.
- This award was the first ever for a Georgia community bank and the first ever to a Georgia entity outside of Atlanta.
- New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC)
OUTSTANDING Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Rating
- Carver State Bank is the only bank headquartered in Savannah with an OUTSTANDING CRA rating. This is confirmation that we are providing valuable services to all sectors of our community, especially the neighborhoods where low-income citizens reside.
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
National Bankers Association Member
- As a voice for minority-owned banks, NBA members include Black, Hispanic, Latino, Asian, Native-American, and women-owned banks across the country, all working to help low and moderate-income communities who are underserved by traditional banks and financial service providers.
- National Bankers Association
Community Development Bankers Association Member
- Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) is the national trade association of the community development bank sector. They are the voice and champion of banks and thrifts with a mission of serving low and moderate income communities.
- Community Development Bankers Association